Whether it be in a company experiencing strong growth, or one trying to develop on constrained markets, the Finance function is at the heart of the enterprise's transformation. Indeed, it is the Finance function which, more than ever, ensures that the enterprise performs well and manages its risks in a controlled manner :
- Guarantee the reliability and consistency of financial information
- Support the enterprise's businesses in their operational management
- Reduce costs and improve profitability
- Steer growth and the development of new activities
Moreover, the Finance function must develop its own organization, processes, skills, and information systems to support the enterprise's transformations effectively, whilst at the same time optimizing its own costs.
Beyond its "core" scope, it interacts more and more with other, cross-cutting functions of the enterprise – HR, Procurement… – and mobilizes them in its overall performance initiative.
Keyrus possesses expertise in Finance function professions as well as cutting-edge know-how on the market's main solutions – ERP, EPM, and BI. With this combination, it assists Finance departments in an overall approach to their projects : designing steering and reporting models, overhauling processes and organizations, and ensuring operational deployment in Finance information systems.
Design and Developement of the Performance Management Set-up
An efficient performance management set-up should facilitate decision-making by business functions and Senior Management. It should reflect strategic issues surrounding the enterprise, its Business Model and organization, whilst also meeting needs for agility, reliability and anticipation.
Structure the performance management model, aligning group management and the measurement of Business performance
Align management reporting and statutory consolidation : integrate organization from production to analysis, make models consistent, and unify information systems
- Design and implement steering dashboards
- Develop group / management zone organization and governance
- Define the blueprint for the Finance IS and assist with its implementation
- Assist with the choice of Finance information systems, their implementation and deployment
Optimization of the Enterprise Management Cycle
- In order to achieve greater agility in the face of market developments, the enterprise steering model must be set in shorter, more reactive cycles.
- Re-define forecasting processes and principles behind the links between each phase : plan, budget, Rolling Forecast
- Deploy these processes and renovate the Finance organization accordingly
- Evangelize business functions for an enhanced contribution to the management cycle
- Choose and put in place budgeting and financial simulation tools shared by entities
Control & Management of Cost/Costing
Issues of improved cost management and product profitability are becoming more and more pronounced. In order to facilitate decisions on resource allocation, the costing model must be both reliable and capable of being understood by operational staff.
- Define a model per process and activity - ABC/M – as a complement to analytical accounting
- Implement a solution integrated into the management cycle and facilitating the performance of simulations
- Promote performance analysis cutting across the organization and oriented towards the value chain
Reinforcing the Effectiveness of the Function
The Finance function must constantly ensure that it is, itself, as effective as possible in promoting the enterprise's overall performance, whilst at the same time optimizing its own operating costs.
- Develop the organization of the Finance branch
- Redefine its career pathways and training programs
- Improve the effectiveness of its processes
- Reduce time periods for closing accounts
- Take advantage of new technologies and rationalize its Finance IS
Social Management Controlling
The payroll is one of the most significant cost items of enterprises. Managing it involves issues which are operational, human and financial, and which should be integrated into a common system.
- Design a forecasting / simulation and monitoring model addressing the enterprise's economic issues
- Define a target organization and processes clarifying the contributions of the different stakeholders : Finance / HR / Operations
- Choose and put in place an information system ensuring that information is reliable, shared and secure
Several projects in all AB InBev operating zones, successfully deploying new governance and technology to support the Performance Management cycle (Budgeting / Tracking & Monitoring / Forecasting). The various streams span across the full P&L: Revenue and Marginal Contribution, Overhead (ZBB), Customer / Product / Market profitability, Production and Supply costs. Keyrus has supported AB InBev end-to-end: design of analytical models, process and organisation optimisation, tool design and deployment, project and change management.
International group in the luxury goods and cosmetics sector
Support Finance and Operational IS Departments in the evolution of the group management control systems (2000 controllers), including General functional design, support the selection process for a solution for the budgeting and financial reporting (software vendor, sustem integrator) including the realization of a Proof of Concept and a Proof of Technology, change management and international roll out.
Key player in the Electrical energy domain
Support the evolution of the performance management project, in the context of an evolving business model and organization: evolution of performance management (industrial performance, project management, cash management, etc.), simplify and enhance the steering platform in order to harmonize financial consolidation and performance management.
Leading international player in the construction and public works sector
Assisting the Group Finance Department with developing performance management : development of the management model for the sake of harmonization between activities and implementation of a steering tool forming part of the existing Finance IS structure. Functional scoping and assistance with the choice of tools (forecasting and Business Intelligence), functional conception of the main management principles, project ownership assistance and change management.
Major retail group
Support provided to the finance department in the implementation of a solution for standardizing the development of five-year strategies for the leading DIY company.