Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
South Africa -Johannesburg
Keyrus is a specialist Big Data & Analytics consulting firm with over 2,500 employees, in 15 countries. Keyrus supports its customers in optimising their efficiency and performance by offering a full range of services. We constantly drive our business forward both locally and internationally and, are progressing at an accelerated pace. This ambition brings constant change and exciting challenges.
Keyrus South Africa is part of the dynamic Keyrus global group and are a leading local player in the transformation and performance of companies. Keyrus SA is developed strategic partner relationships with top tier local and international clients through delivering tailored digital and transformation solutions.
Keyrus is redefining management consulting, making us more responsive to client challenges across strategy, people, process, technology, risk and accounting. With this in mind, Keyrus SA is looking to bring on board a Senior Business Analyst to assist a client, onsite. This role is within a leading financial services firm providing a wide range of banking services. The Senior Business Analyst would be responsible for eliciting, identifying and documenting the needs of the business through sound relationships with domain experts. The Senior Business Analyst would need to improve the competitiveness of the business by analysing relevant information and making sound recommendations. Primarily, the analyst would be responsible for supporting the design, development and acceptance testing of IT products based on business need.
The Senior Business Analyst role would include:
- Elicitation and documentation of business requirements following organisational standards.
- Documentation of IT projects business requirements using techniques such as process flows, user stories, use cases, scenarios and text descriptions that are best suited to the project methodology.
- Collection of business requirements for IT projects and transfer the same knowledge to the development and QA teams.
- Formation of good working relationships with business users.
- Representation of the interests of business users in the project teams.
- Balance of technological issues with business needs and communicate appropriately with project and business teams.
- Participation in project walkthroughs, test planning, Change Advisory Board and implementation session.
- Assistance in the enforcement of project deadlines and methodologies.
- Facilitation of requirements prioritisation based on business value.
- Facilitation of requirements traceability and track requirements status throughout the projects.
- Management of requirements traceability and track requirements status throughout the projects. Continuously improving business processes.
- Management of changes to requirements through effective use of change control processes and tools.
- Suggestions of areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Maintenance of a register of business risk emanating from project work.
- Development and execution of User Acceptance Tests in accordance with organisational QA processes.
- Quantitative confidence on the extent IT products are fit for business purpose.
- Reporting on the results of User Acceptance Tests with findings on fit-for-purpose.
- Contribution to defining and implementing best practice Business Analysis approaches and templates.
- Mentoring junior staff, peers, developers, QA and business owners on Business Analysis practices.
- Analysing and documenting current business processes in non-IT areas of the Bank. Make appropriate recommendations for improvements.
Qualifications & Experience
- A relevant degree in Computer Science, Maths, Finance or similar first/bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4-5 years Business Analysis experience within a software / IT environment.
- Banking experience will be highly advantageous.
- A certification or training in Project Management will be advantageous.
- Excellent analytical critical thinking skills.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Ability to identify and document solutions to complex business problems with accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent time management.
- Negotiation skills.
- Candidate must be well experienced in influencing business user decision making and direction. Takes time to establish underlying needs of business beyond those initially expressed.
- Must be open to periodic travel within South Africa.