Big Data Architect
Big Data Architect
London, UK | Salary: £70 000 – £100 000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Tech stack: Big Data Ecosystem (Hortonworks, Cloudera, EMR, Spark), Cloud (AWS/Azure)
Hadoop, Linux, Kerberos, Spark, MapR, HBase, Kafka, Hive, Impala, Pig, Elastic
Created in 1996, listed on Euronext's Eurolist, with consolidated revenues of €286.7m in 2019 and with more than 3200 employees in 19 countries, across 4 continents, the Keyrus Group offers the performance, solidity and know-how of a large professional services organization, whilst preserving the agility of a young company.
We are looking for Senior Solutions Architects with experience in Big Data ecosystems to work in a customer facing capacity. Our customers, who are on their journey to become a data-driven organisation often leverage Hadoop as a part of the overall architecture. As an architect, you will be the link between business, big data developers & data scientists. You will be able to interact with various stakeholders to understand their requirements and create an evolving solution architecture for customer’s analytics platform in a consultative manner. There is a real emphasis on professional delivery as you will be working closely with stakeholders providing excellent delivery of service. Whilst working for a forward thinking company you are expected to have a real desire to learn and adapt to new technologies.
Some key technologies you can look forward to working with:
- Hadoop ecosystem e.g. Cloudera, Hortonworks, Apache Spark etc.
- NoSQL technologies e.g. Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB etc.
- AWS Cloud Ecosystem
- Proven experience in consultative technical sales or professional services with a proven record of success
- Commercial solution architecture experience in Big Data technologies e.g. Spark, Hadoop, EMR, MapR etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to lead effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Deep understanding of MPP & NoSQL databases
- Hands on experience of working in Linux including Kerberos, Multihoming, DNS etc
- Able to work on large scale and complex projects for customers in a variety of industries and UK wide.
- Flexible to travel to the client site (Typically 2-4 days a week, remaining days remote)
Why Keyrus UK?
- We’re a fast-growing, dynamic business
- Our offices are based across the globe so there are opportunities to work internationally
- Even though we have offices worldwide, you also have the option of staying put and working with our localised client list
- Our team is not just talented, they’re also experienced
- We invest in our staff with ongoing investment training and personal development opportunities
- Our structured career path allows you to know exactly what you can expect from your future with the company and the possibilities you have ahead of you also
- The social side of Keyrus UK really is great and we’re a bunch of like-minded people who enjoy each other’s company and who learn from each other daily
- We keep at the forefront of technology and hold regular technology knowledge sharing forums where our clients and our employees are able to learn about new and future developments
- Working with our clients gives you exposure to the big business enterprise world
- Working for a niche consultancy allows you the flexibility and excitement of being at the heart of a very special business
- Contractual benefits include a very competitive salary offering with pension options and good holiday scheme
- an Entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and you’re given the chance to contribute to developments